Friday 13 July 2012

FP - The Lace Hoodie Cardigan


I am sooooooooo overdue posting this bad boy, but due to the weather being so bad here the lighting for taking photographs was just not good enough.

My {hoodie} was actually already finished and all sewn up on 24 June 2012, but I only got a decent shot of it a few days ago.
All the time I was worried that this would be another garment which looks awful on me, but I am sooooo excited to say that I am loving it. The hoodie is a perfect fit and I am seriously thinking of doing another one in a different yarn/colour, as it is so pretty and so lovely to wear.

**click on images to enlarge the view**

I made a change to the pattern of the sleeves though. For a start I thought that the mesh pattern looked a wee bit out of place. And secondly, I could not get my head around the increase an staying in line with the mesh pattern. Tried it three times and must have made the same mistake over and over again as the sleeve ended up on all three occasions totally imbalanced.

So, I decided that I wanted to carry on with the lace pattern and just worked it into the middle section of the sleeve and plain stockinette for the left and right. Personally, I think this looks much better than the mesh.
This cardigan has been a lot of firsts for me:

  • The 1st cardigan I ever knitted and which did fit!
  • The 1st time I worked with set in sleeves (not easy)
  • The 1st time I used Kitchener's stitch (loving it!!!)

Even though the seams for the arms are quite amateurish and a wee bit crooked - I am leaving them as they are. I love my hoodie the way it is and once I get back to work, I know I will get a lot of use out of it.

For more finished projects hop over to {Tami's blog}

17 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely sweater! I love the lace details. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cardigan is so-o-o beautiful! I love the lace, the color, the hood - excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be so proud. That is a great cardigan. You did a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, this hoodie is perfect. Lovely colour and I agree with you on the change in the sleeves. It matches the front and the back perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hood is perfect...In fact the whole thing is perfect. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Set in sleeves are not easy with all the lace patterns. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock!!!! This is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cardigan is great. Great to wait until you have a good photo - I often find I just can't and post something with a bad photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing! I love the lace the best, it is super pretty. I''m so glad that it fits you perfectly, it is about time you have a project you are happy with. Although I love all of your projects, you are just a such a perfectionist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great looking hoodi/cardi! I am admiring it and really wishing it was a crochet pattern!! (or that I knew how to knit!) You did a wonderful job figuring out sleeves that you like. Imagine how much easier a second will be??

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! I love learning multiple techniques in one project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work. I agree. The sleeves look great in the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, finally a sweater that you're happy with! It's beautiful, Kim! Great color and great pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an achievement! It's beautiful! I love the continuation of the wonderful lace pattern on the sleeves.

    Hope that your recovery is progressing well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love this too, the color and the stitchpattern are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.